The secret to an effective B2B lead generation campaign lies in your ability to give your prospective B2B leads what they want to hear. You know that it can be hard to keep their attention focused on you, let alone compel them to actually take action (based on your message), so if there is any way for you to achieve this goal, you would take it. As for that challenge, you just have to tell them what they wanted. Not that you are going to lie, mind you, but more along the lines of being the source of convincing content. Being honest is a big thing in business, as you can see from the things you can say below:
1. You can talk about their market position – it does not have to immediately translate to narcissism or anything, but a lot of businesses would want to know how they are faring in the market these days. If you can help them determine where exactly they are in industry ratings, then they would most certainly want to hear that. Bonus points if you can give them the exact number for the job.
2. You can be their ‘crystal ball’ of the future – one of the biggest enemies of a business is uncertainty. The unknown is notorious for causing a lot of ruckus to many B2B appointment setting campaigns when it strikes. That is why a lot of companies would be willing to spend just to reduce the number of unknown factors that they have to deal with. And if you can provide that particular service, then it is all good for you.
3. You can be a management practices expert – with the evolution of businesses and the market, one need to be aware of the latest practices and standards that will help make him more competitive. If you can serve as the expert in best practices, quality control, or even business laws, then you will be able to grab the attention of interested sales leads prospects.
4. You can act as their researcher – information is the name of the game, and the company that has in their possessions the latest market data and business trends are the ones most likely to generate the B2B leads that you are looking for. If you can become their provider of necessary business data, for example, because you conduct B2B telemarketing surveys, then you will be able to have a deal with them.
5. You can offercustomized business solutions with them – remember, not all companies are the same. In one way or another, they may have needs and concerns that go beyond what a pre-fabricated solutions system can provide. Customization is the key here, and if you can provide that, then you have their business.
As I have mentioned earlier, being honest plays an important role in the success of your B2B lead generation campaign. Tell them upfront what you can do or cannot do for them. While this might be too blunt, your prospects will understand. They need real solutions, not pretty band-aids.