One must say that LinkedIn, the social network that has connected so many professionals and business around the globe, can be powerful tool in helping your lead generation campaign become asuccess. Just imagine the millions of people that are registered. Tapping into that large base for B2B leads can be a really good way to improve your business. The question here is how you make that happen. You cannot just sign-up there, announce your business, and then arrange for your telemarketing team to give prospects a call. It is just not how it works. Which leads us to the following tips, it might help you.
1. Be clear on purpose – LinkedIn is there to serve the particular needs of its user base. In your case, you need to understand why you are there in the first place, why you are interacting with the people there. Only then will you be able to come up with a good way to promote to them.
2. Fix your profile – just like when you always go into a meeting with a shirt and tie, you should also make it a point that your LinkedIn profile is presentable. This will be a great factor on whether your business will get the respect of your prospects or not.
3. Choose the right groups – for social media to work in your marketing campaign, you need to make sure that the connections you make are worth your time, and will contribute in improving your business profitability.
4. Use your networks properly – this is especially true where referrals are concerned. As a marketer, you need to properly employ all the business assets that you have in order to maximize your profitability. The challenge here is how you use these assets so that you can continue building a relationship with your own networks.
5. Deepen your connections – think of it as the sweetener that your appointment setting crew will need to produce results. Keep in mind that your business needs a lot of data to market properly. By talking and interacting with your connected prospects, you can have an easier time with them.
6. Personalize, as always – really, personalization is everything, and business prospects usually get a kick out of receiving a gift, a letter, or even an invitation that is directly addressed to them. Do anything that stinks of being canned (no matter how faint) then your audience will walk away.
7. Interact a lot – since you are creating a network for your lead generation and marketing efforts, make sure that you are interacting with them most of the time. In this way, you can put them at ease and make doing business with them easier.
There are other strategies that you can employ in making LinkedIn another effective marketing and networking tool for your business. Think of it as another investment for your lead generation campaign. If you have a social network of professionals like you, then would that not be a brilliant idea to invite them into your business. They might turn out to be excellent customers for you.